• Ambassadors Bloomsbury enviromental policy applies to all activities, products and services within the hotel.
• All employees are encouraged to follow the principles and go above and beyond this policy to assist the company in meeting its objectives.
• Assign a nominated person to make sure the policy is in line with the current requirements and to be reviewed on regular basis
• Environmental measures are communicated daily through meetings and internal communications and provide training where necessary.
• Continue to set best practice standards to meet or surpass the requirements of environmental legislation.
The on going action plan covers a range of issues including procurement, travel, management of the workspace and its impact on society. The company is seeking continuous improvement in its performance on sustainability and issues in line with the need to provide an appropriate environment by:-
• Continue to maximise the efficient use of resources and minimise waste generation and the use of control measures to include the recycling of waste produced.
• Continue to conduct our operations in a manner that is committed to; conservation, active remediation of environmental contamination and prevention of pollution.
• Provisions are made so necessary printed material is done by used pages and recycled paper.
• Actively seek to reduce the amount of waste entering our premises.
• We seek to increase our dry waste recycling targets year on year including: cardboard, white paper, glass, plastic, aluminium cans.
• Improvement will be made through awareness programmes, using naturally purifying machines, flow restrictions technology and regular maintaince of the machines.
• Water saving initiatives are in place in both bedrooms and front of house areas to alert both employees and guest to conserve the amount of water consumption.
• Wherever possible to work with suppliers who opt for environmentally friendly procedures and practices.
• Involve our suppliers, partners, contractors and customers of our environmental expectations and encourage them to adopt sound environmental and sustainable management practices.
• Continue to develop procurement procedures to encompass social, ethical and environmental criteria to achieve best overall value.
• We are committed to using responsibly sourced ingredients and food products following current seasonal trends and sourcing from the UK whenever possible.
• Employees are encouraged to use public transport, low carbon emmitting vehicles or bicycles as a main form of transport for commuting to work.
Energy and electrical consumptions
• Electrical fittings and consumables are purchased with regards to efficiency and energy saving in mind.
• The management communicate energy consumed per month and sets out targets for reduction in energy consumed for each department.
• Energy saving devices are installed in all bedrooms to conserve heat, light and power.
Responsibility and Awareness
• The Ambassadors Bloomsbury is committed to exploring all areas and avenues to ensure each of the points are reviewed on a reguar basis and to implement any changes where necessary.
• All department heads and all employees in the company are encouraged to help maintain and bring ideas forward for the environment policy.
• A designated person is responsible for the awareness of the current policy and future initatives via training and ongoing communications.
• We work with Housewater to naturally filter and purify mineral water from inhouse mains. This is to reduce the carbon emissions and the water wastage on site.
• Where legislation allows we recycle or re-use old furniture by donating to charities or organisations where these products can be re-used.
• We will work diligently over the coming years to reduce our Carbon Footprint by increasing control of our daily energy use, and decreasing our energy requirements by implementing energy efficient equipment.